We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person to work within the Environment Planning & Engagement Department.
This is an exciting role, which will help ensure that as an organisation we will continue to be able to protect and enhance our environment.
You will help the business develop commercial awareness enabling it to adapt to the changing financial landscape. Maximising all income opportunities and supporting the efforts to minimise outstanding debt is key for this role.
The work is varied, challenging, fast paced and will include:
• Applying effective ways of working to maximise our current regulatory cost recovery service
• Develop an increasing commercial focus to the role, finding new opportunities to recover money.
• Lead your area in income and support debt recovery efforts, using your business and finance knowledge.
• Be able to make decisions regarding spending opportunities both locally and nationally.
• Ensuring that we are aware of all funding opportunities, both internally and externally that will help us to deliver great environmental outcomes.
• Provide a high standard of data management and recording skills,
• Show leadership awareness of cultural changes and developments within the business and from a wider national perspective.
Responding to incidents is a central part of what we do. You will be required to have an incident role and make yourself available to respond to incidents or provide business continuity support during an incident. This may attract an additional payment and full training and alternative working arrangements will be available to support you with your incident role.
The Area Income Advisor will sit within the Environment Planning & Engagement department but will have to work across the whole area working with other department and teams.
For more information about working for the Environment Agency and what we do visit our careers page environmentagencycareers.co.uk
The ideal candidate will have a financial background and will have the ability to quickly grasp and understand how we work as a business. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be complimented by your enthusiasm to achieve results.
You will have excellent communication skills, an affinity for business development, and you will have the ability to engage with and influence a wide range of internal and external customers. You will also need to be able to present complex information in a clear and engaging way.
Good planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver to tight timescales are also key. You will be proactive and although there will be a good support network around you being able to manage yourself will be important.<br><br>Chippenham