ITP Aero in Whetstone, Leicester is looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the software development team and to work on the development of our software product ESATAN-TMS.
About the company
ITP Aero is an important player in the global aeronautical industry, which through experience and know-how, has boosted internal knowledge, developing its own technology within a highly competitive market, and becoming the ninth largest aeronautical engine and component company by sales in the world in just 30 years of history. The company has production centres in Spain, United Kingdom, Mexico, Malta and India with over 4,000 employees.
ESATAN-TMS is the de-facto standard for thermal analysis in the space industry.
The role is permanent and it will split between working from home and the office.
• Work efficiently within the development team on the maintenance of the product and on the implementation of new functionality
o Develop code to a given design and software development standards
o Perform testing of the code to agreed test plan
o Identify and implement code fixes for reported issues
• Actively contribute to ideas on the application of software technologies, ways to improve the product and its associated infrastructure
• Completion of work to time, quality and cost
• Undertake technical reviews of work performed within the group
• Coach and mentor developers with technical advice and good development practices
• Apply knowledge of software design principles.
Technical Skills Required
• Substantial experience developing in C++ (at least 4 years of experience)
• Experience developing in Java or C# or similar.
• Proven experience in software engineering process such as agile development
• Knowledge of object oriented software design including UML.
• Experience of Jetbrains and experience with source code configuration control.
• Ideally knowledge of graphic libraries, such as OpenGL.
• Good technical problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Have an enthusiastic, can-do approach
• Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
What we offer
A competitive salary and company benefits.
Join one of the 10 biggest aeronautic engine companies in the world that also features in the top 100 for the industry. Apply your knowledge in our tool ESATAN-TMS and join our team of engineers, mathematicians, physicists and computing experts to provide the broadest technical base for development of professional, scientific software.
• Excellent development programme
• Diverse interesting work packages
• Great opportunities for professional Learning & Development
• Gain extensive cutting edge aerospace knowledge
• Flexible Working Hours
• Friendly Working Environment with varied Social Activities
• 25 days holiday plus public holidays on a standard calendar – 31 days on our flexible calendar
• Competitive pension (company matched)
• Free car park
• Hybrid scheme
• Relocation package
Please apply on the company website: www.itpaero.com Sometimes we get a lot of applications for our roles. On those occasions we might close the job early. If you don’t want to miss out we recommend submitting your application as early as possible.<br><br>Whetstone