Context of The Auckland Project:
The Auckland Project is a different kind of regeneration charity, working hand in hand with our local community to ensure that Bishop Auckland’s future is as magnificent and vibrant as its past. Our vision is that everyone in Bishop Auckland can flourish, by growing, sharing, eating enough to feed their minds, bodies and spirit. We believe that everyone in Bishop Auckland can give something and receive something back. Everyone can play an active and wonderful role in bringing about a more resilient, thriving community and all can benefit from it. Follow the link to find out about our visitor operation: https://aucklandproject.org/visit/
The role purpose:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Seasonal Gardener at The Auckland Project. Working alongside the parks and gardens team to implement an agreed programme of improvement & maintenance works within the magnificent gardens complex, with a wide range of garden elements, this exciting opportunity will not only involve the hands-on elements, as well as engaging with our visitors to create a truly amazing experience.
The successful candidate will be someone who is hardworking, enthusiastic and reliable. You must be a good communicator, willing to learn and able to use your own initiative.
The post-holder is responsible for the following key deliverables and accountabilities:
• Maintenance of a diverse range of gardens
• Working well in an established team
• Engaging with visitors
• Maintaining attention to detail in all areas of the gardens.
• Adhere to quality systems, operating procedures and risk assessments to facilitate the safe, smooth and timely delivery of services.
Internal and External Relationships
• Working collaboratively with colleagues across departments to achieve TAP’s organisational objectives
• Maintain excellent relationships with your team, including a large team of volunteers and with our visitors
Health & Safety
Be committed to good health and safety and access practice, ensuring familiarity and compliance with TAP policies, procedures and guidelines and the health and safety of visitors, staff, volunteers and contractors at all times.
Person Specification Essential:
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to work independently.
• An understanding and commitment to the Auckland projects vision
• A good knowledge of horticultural practises.
• Hold a full UK drivers’ licence.
• A keen interest in working within the heritage sector
• Knowledge/Interest in garden history and a history of the north east of England.
How to Apply
Apply for this role by downloading and completing an application form from https://aucklandproject.org/about/join-the-team/<br><br>Bishop Auckland