VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and ENGIE, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco’s comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with ENGIE’s market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Catterick (Travel between sites required)
Term: Full Time/Permanent
As a key member of the VIVO Team, this role’s primary focus is to provide Commercial support to the Regional & Area teams including Value for Money, Risk Management, Account verifications and Tender Management.
- Comply with all Health and Safety and Sustainability policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the SQS, develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with Client personnel involved directly or indirectly with the contract
- In conjunction with the SQS, provide business support to the Commercial Group. This will involve proactively facilitating our relationship with both internal and external customers by ensuring the completion of necessary commercial reports and documentation
- Assist the local Commercial Team with internal and external customers and where appropriate direct them to the appropriate contact or department to solve their queries
- Liaise with all staff including Area Managers, Site Managers and the Commercial Team
- Comply with the Organisation's Equality and Diversity Policy
- Assist the SQS with Change Management in accordance with the FDIS Contract ensuring timescales are met by all relevant stakeholders
- Fulfil the Tender Manager role and overseeing the tender process on low to medium value Billable Works: production of tender long lists; collation of tender documents; addressing mid tender queries; conducting formal openings with the client; carrying out post tender interviews; formally scoring the submissions; producing a tender report and making a formal recommendation.
- Assist with commercial control to ensure planned milestone payments are achieved, final accounts are closed to meet the business targets
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance
- Assist with supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy
- Attend meetings, provide reports and liaise with all stakeholders on commercial matters
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Knowledge and some experience in construction, property maintenance or related field including:
- Developing cost models
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Preparation of work proposals/tenders
- Good knowledge of tendering processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and a collaborative working environment
- Ability and willingness to travel
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience of operating in a military environment
- Experience of working on complex, multi
- site operations
- Knowledge of BS11000 Collaborative
- Business Relationship
- Understanding of how to reduce utility consumption
- Fraud prevention
- Dispute resolution
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
The role is primarily based at Catterick, but will require travel to sites in North East England and Yorkshire on a regular basis, a full UK driving licence is essential
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and ENGIE. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, ENGIE and Serco during the recruitment process.<br><br>Catterick