Trust Doctor ST3 in Paediatrics and Neonatology | Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
51 017 £
Trust Doctor ST3+ in Paediatrics and Neonatology
We are looking to recruit a ST3+ Trust Doctor to join our Paediatrics and Neonatal Unit here at Royal Cornwall Hospital
Maternity, neonatal and Paediatric services are based at the Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro in an integrated children’s unit. The unit includes new children’s medical wards, a Paediatric specialist surgical ward and a young persons’ unit along with supporting play and school facilities. The unit also provides a Paediatric high dependency unit, Paediatric outpatient clinic and a day attender area.
There are 41 Paediatric beds in addition to a Paediatric observation and assessment unit. There is a full range of Paediatric investigation and treatment facilities available locally.
• To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Department.
• Assessment and management of patients on Paediatrics Assessment Unit and day care unit
• To share responsibilities of in-patient’s care including ward rounds
• To provide outpatient clinic
• Fulfill duties of weekly timetable including out of hours responsibilities.
• Attend multidisciplinary ward meetings
• Participation in Departmental Education and Training sessions.
• To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael’s Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of £380 million and 750 beds
We work with health and social care organisations including NHS Kernow and NHS England to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000 which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually developing clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career
PLEASE NOTE: To view the full Job Description and Person Specification, please click the supporting document on theright-handside
To be an employee of the NHS you need to successfully complete the following:
• Identity Checks
• Professional registration and qualification checks
• Employment history and reference checks
• Work health assessments
• Criminal record check standards
• Right to work checks