This is permanent post in our Water Quality charges team. Joining this crucial area of the business, you will work as part of a dynamic team to secure in excess of £67m of income through annual subsistence charges. This enables us to effectively regulate permitted discharges to the environment, support economic growth and create a better place for people and wildlife.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident person to join our dispersed team. This is a technical administration role focused on ensuring accurate subsistence charges are raised for water discharge and groundwater activity permits. This involves interpreting key details in permit documents and ensuring that our charging systems are correctly updated. The workload is driven by permits being issued by our National Permitting Service, as well as queries from customers, and data quality audits.
• Ensure customers are billed correctly for subsistence charges relating to their permits,
• Liaison with outsourced finance services (SSCL), National Permitting, other internal teams and customers,
• Provide a comprehensive administrative support service ensuring processes are followed, and improved over time
• Take a one team approach to workload management
• Work within financial rules, controls and processes
You will be joining a dispersed, high performing and supportive team, focused on providing a professional billing service to our charge paying customers. We are currently working in a hybrid manor between home and office. Travel will be required for training and attending meetings
You will have
• excellent information and data analysis and interpretation skills.
• a proven ability to solve technical problems by considering different methods within the guidance of defined procedures and frameworks.
• a keen attention to detail, capable of delivering to a high standard and taking personal responsibility for your work.
• excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable frequent contact with internal and external customers.
• demonstrable experience in using various IT applications (Word, Excel and database management)<br><br>Leeds