Senior Process Engineer – Flexibility with start and finish times.
Less Common Metals (LCM) is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of complex alloy systems and metals, specialising in those based on rare earth elements. The modern LCM facility in Ellesmere Port has seen heavy investment in recent years to fuel its exciting growth plans.
Here at LCM, you’ll be part of a longstanding workforce working within a business culture that promotes a healthy work life balance, gives you the freedom to take ownership of your workload whilst working autonomously, and provides plenty of support to enhance your knowledge and skills through self-development.
The Role – Senior Process Engineer
As a Senior Process Engineer your duties will include:
• Leading the technology transfer of processes and supporting the Production Team during manufacturing
• Testing, commissioning and operating processing plants, and writing technical reports to meet project objectives
• Undertaking process development and improvement projects, refining process information, plant documentation, risk assessments and standard operating procedures as appropriate
• Solving plant operating problems by planning and / or performing trials to evaluate possible solutions, obtaining critical engineering data for process scale-up
• Leading and verifying HAZOPs, Control Plans, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), work instructions and training of personnel
• Carrying out analysis to monitor product quality
Our Requirements – Senior Process Engineer
• Proven experience as either a process, materials or chemical engineer, within a manufacturing plant or pilot plant environment
• A degree gained within a relevant subject such as chemical engineering, materials, or metallurgy
• Experience of conducting HAZOP, health, safety and environmental reviews within a manufacturing or pilot plant setting
• Experience using key engineering skills such as equipment sizing, heat and mass balance calculations, development of PFDs and P&IDs, computer simulations / modelling using systems such as MATLab, ASPEN etc
• Ability to drive, or have access to a reliable form of transport
As a Senior Process Engineer, you’ll benefit from:
• A salary in the region of £40,000 to £50,000, with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
• Permanent contract, working 37.25 hours per week from our manufacturing site in Ellesmere Port
• Flexibility available with start and finish times within the operating hours of 8am to 6pm
• 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 3 years)
• Employer contributory pension scheme
• Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
• Relocation package available, to be discussed at interview
• Excellent career progression opportunities
There may be occasions where you will need to be flexible with hours to suit business demands although any overtime worked will be given as time off in lieu.
All applications for this Senior Process Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.<br><br>Ellesmere Port