Location: Sunderland (SR4)
Position: Year 6 Teacher
Start Date: ASAP
End date: July (long-term position) (potential to be extended)
Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:30 till 16:00
Pay: £350 - £375 weekly
If you would like to be considered for the role please apply immediately.
A Junior School in Sunderland (SR4) are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Year 6 Teacher to join their team. The school is made up of pupils aged 7 to 11 years. If you are a Fully Qualified Teacher (FQT) with experience working with Key Stage Two (KS2) pupils, we would love to hear from you.
- Full time position for a FQT looking for a long-term position
- You will be required to teach primary aged pupils between the ages of 10 and 11
- Preparing and planning for lessons with marking required
- Following and promoting the school curriculum and pushing for highest attainment
- Pay between £120 - £160 per day for the first 12 weeks of the role (after 12 weeks: AWR rate, paid to the scale the school would pay at directly)
- Due to start ASAP
About the School:
- Working under the guidance of an experienced Teacher
- Consistently Ofsted rated good
- Strong value of 'respecting others' from both pupils and staff - "They are respectful of one another and behave sensibly in lessons and around school"
- Trained staff have the skills to build learning in a fun and engaging manner - "Leaders use features of the local area to enhance the curriculum"
- Supportive and inclusive environment - "Leaders are determined that pupils learn in a calm, positive environment"
The successful candidate will:
- Must have QTS and experience teaching at primary level
- Willingness to take on some intervention groups and booster sessions
- Strong behaviour management with experience working with SEN pupils a preference
- Will have excellent subject knowledge and a desire to provide the best education to pupils
- Will be required to apply for a Child Workforce DBS, if you do not already have one on the update service
How we support you:
- Consultants work in harmony with partnership schools to find a role most suited to you and provide regular communication
- Quality Leading Experts in Education
- Resources and training to support professional development in education
- Real time booking system via our new app where you can personalise work preferences and update availability on a regular basis
- Competitive rates of pay with additional refer a friend scheme
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear about our other vacancies, register your details with us now and send through your CV and we will be in touch very soon.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.<br><br>Sunderland