Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this Young offenders support worker position are: at least 6 months relevant experience in the past few years
Vision for Education's Huddersfield specialist SEND department are recruiting for a Young offenders support worker to work specifically 1:1 with a young student who presents Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties within a school setting. This specific student can present challenging behaviours therefore Vision for Education are looking for an extremely positive, adaptable support worker to assist them on a daily basis. This role is based within a school setting.
This Young offenders support worker role will be based within a Specialist school setting for students who are no longer in mainstream education.
To be considered for the Young offenders support worker role you must:
- Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs in the past 3 years
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education Offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education and as a Young offenders support worker, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to Apply:
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals / young offenders or for more information about this role, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today at Vision for Education.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.